We all spend a lot of time taking care of our faces, while ignoring our feet. The lack of care and hygiene that causes tan, wrinkled skin, a fungal or bacterial infection at times, cracked heels etc.
With that being stated, we have compiled a list of the best tips and tools to keep your feet smooth, beautiful, and healthy.
Concern: Fungal Infections and exfoliation
Solution: Listerine and Vinegar
Listerine contains thymol and alcohol, which help to fight toenail fungus, cure cracked feet. The mild compounds present in vinegar soften dry and dead skin, making it easy to exfoliate.
(1) Prepare a solution of equal quantities of Listerine and White Vinegar, and with 2X quantity of water.
(2) Soak your feet in the solution for 15 minutes.
(3)Scrub using a pumice stone to remove dead skin. Rinse, pat dry, and moisturize.
Concern: Bacterial Infections and exfoliation
Solution: A mixture of Rice Flour, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
(1) Make a semi solid mixture by mixing rice flour, honey, and 2–3 drops of apple cider vinegar.
(2) Soak your feet in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes, and then apply the mixture on your feet.
(3) Let it dry out a little and scrub away dead skin.
Concern: Dehydrated and wrinkled feet
Solution: Ripe Banana Paste
Banana is a natural skin moisturizer. It contains vitamins A, B6, and C, which all help to maintain the elasticity of the skin and keep it hydrated.
(1) Mash 2 ripe bananas into a smooth paste.
(2) Gently rub the paste all over your feet, including the nail beds and sides of the toe.
(3) After 20 minutes, rinse your feet with lukewarm water.
Concern: Cracked Heels
Solution: Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub contains camphor, eucalyptus, and menthol in a turpentine oil base. This type of ointment is emollient, thereby trapping moisture. The menthol and eucalyptus provide a calming effect.
(1) Before heading to sleep, apply a generous layer of Vicks VapoRub to your feet and massage for 5 minutes.
(2) Put on comfortable socks (preferably cotton).
(3) In the morning, wash your feet with lukewarm water.
Concern: Ingrown nails ( When your toenail grows into the surrounding skin)
Solution: Epsom Salt & Fresh Garlic Cloves
Epsom salt has high magnesium content that helps fight inflammation, provides relief from the pain and swelling while garlic contains a component called allicin that has antimicrobial properties.
(1) Make a solution with 1-2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in warm water.
(2) Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes and wipe off moisture.
(3) Once the nail and surrounding area is dry, apply crushed garlic cloves.
(4) Cover it with a bandage or sanitary gauze to prevent further infection or damage.